- MESA provides academic advising, group study, test preparation, study centers, orientation classes, industry and university field trips, role models, parent involvement and career exploration. Founded in 1970, MESA is one of the nation’s oldest and most successful programs of its kind.
- 85% of MESA graduating high school seniors go on to attend college, compared to 55% of all California graduating high school seniors.
- 74% of MESA high school graduates go on to four-year institutions, compared to 36% of all California high school graduates.
- Of the MESA community college students who transfer to four-year institutions, 100% major in math-based fields. One year later, 90% of these students are persisting in these majors.
- 90% of the state’s underrepresented engineering baccalaureate recipients are California MESA students.
- Over 12% of the nation’s underrepresented engineering baccalaureate recipients are California MESA students.
- Over 200 companies support MESA through field trips, speakers, volunteers, internships and other resources. Corporations and foundations provide over $2 million in contributions.
- California MESA is the model for similar programs in over half a dozen other states.
- Class of 2017 Avg. GPA 3.6
- Over 80% of MESA students are taking high level math; Geometry or above.
MESA SJSU Adelante MS Students take 3rd place in Statewide Challenge (May 2011)
College and STEM Career Prep